As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best baby wipes warmer is, I’d recommend the Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer.
If your baby is anything like mine, you know the shock of a cold baby wipe can make diaper changes a battle of wills. Taking the chill off those wipes can make all the difference in the world. The best baby wipe warmer can be elusive, but I’ve tracked down some of my favorites and I’ll share them with you in this article.
In this article, I am breaking down the best baby wipes warmers, and in the end, I’ll choose the winner.
Here are the baby wipes warmers I will be reviewing:
- Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer
- Go Go Pure Baby Wipe Warmer
- Hiccapop Wipe Warmer
- MEMI Cozy Wipe Warmer
- Tuut Baby Wipe Warmer
How Do Baby Wipe Warmers Work?
Wondering how this device actually works to warm up your wipes? Here are the basics of how the best baby wipe warmers generally work:
- A reusable container: From the outside, your wipe warmer will look an awful lot like a regular disposable wipes box. It’s inside where the magic happens.
- A pillow sitting at the bottom of the container: This “pillow” is a sponge that sits beneath your stack of wipes. You’ll add water to the sponge before placing it in the container and your wipes on top.
- A heating element: This heating element is usually found in the lid. Small holes enable heat to move freely through the lid and warm your wipes. Simply plug your baby wipe warmer in and you’ll be ready to go.
You’ll find technology is always evolving and there may be differences in baby wipe warmer models. Listed here is the most common type of baby wipe warmer.
Using Baby Wipe Warmers
Are you thinking a baby wipe warmer might be the solution you’ve been searching for? If so, there are a few things you might want to know about these useful gadgets. Keep them in mind when beginning your search for the best baby wipe warmer:
- The pillow helps keep your wipes from drying out: Have you ever accidentally left your packet open, only to find they dry out and are completely useless when you need them most? The damp pillow helps to keep this from happening. Some baby wipe warmers even come equipped with a mister to help keep things moist.
- Rest assured, your wipe warmer isn’t a breeding ground for bacteria: Afraid the warmth and moisture involved in a baby wipe warmer is a recipe for mold and bacteria? Fortunately, it turns out that isn’t the case. Clean your wipe warmer regularly and mold and bacteria won’t be an issue—you can even find models with antimicrobial additives to help keep your baby safe.
- Your baby wipe warmer is an appliance: Yes, they are designed with the safety of your baby and family in mind. Even so, it’s an appliance that is plugged directly into an energy source. Always follow the safety recommendations and make sure you have working smoke detectors throughout your home.
- Baby wipe warmers aren’t just for disposable wipes: If you are a cloth-using family, there’s good news—there are baby wipe warmers that can be used with cloth wipes. You’ll have to lift the lid instead of pulling the wipes through a slot, but warmers designed for cloth wipes do exist.
My Top Baby Wipe Warmer Reviews
Now you know a little more about what they are and how they work, we’ll share with you our pick of the best baby wipe warmers we could find.
Looking for extra assurance that your wipe warmer won’t introduce bacteria during diaper changes? You’ll definitely want to check out this Prince Lionheart model. It’s the only wipe warmer that’s been treated with an EPA-approved antimicrobial additive that helps prevent the growth of bacteria.
This unit heats wipes to 99–101 degrees. You can expect it to take up to three hours for the warmer to reach full temperature. No lead, phthalates, PVC, triclosan, or triclocarban are used in this product.
Designed for easy, one-hand use, this wipe warmer can hold 80–100 disposable wipes at a time. Simply remove the disposable wipes from their original packaging and place them inside the wipe warmer. This baby wipe warmer is also safe for use with cloth wipes, though you can expect it to hold only 16 cloth wipes at a time.
This unit uses an Ever-Fresh system to keep your wipes from becoming discolored. It also prevents odors and bacteria growth.
Simply rinse and re-soak your included sponge once a week. Plan on wiping down the inside of your baby wipe warmer when you replenish your wipe supply. Replace your Ever-Fresh pillow every three months for the best results.
To set the product up, simply unpack the included Ever-Fresh pillow and fully saturate it. Place it in the warmer, add in your wipes, and plug your unit in. It takes just a few moments to set up, and in three hours’ time, you can have wonderfully warm wipes for your diaper changes.
- This unit uses EPA-approved antimicrobial additives to prevent bacteria and mold growth
- For use with both cloth and disposable wipes
- Designed for easy use with one hand
- Includes a power indicator/night light
- The more wipes in the container, the longer it takes the wipes to warm
- Overfilling the baby wipe warmer can cause wipes to get stuck in the dispenser
- The required replacement pillows are an ongoing additional cost
This warmer has 4 LED lights that allow parents to change babies at night without having to turn on the room’s lights. This means your little one won’t have to be woken up completely whenever a diaper change is in order. It’s also nice for early morning changes. These lights shut off on their own after 10 minutes.
The compartment is designed to hold up to 100 wipes, which means you won’t have to refill it too often. It also has a viewing slot, so you can quickly check to see if you are running low. Some parents note that it can be a little bit difficult to pull out the wipes when the warmer is almost empty.
This warmer comes with two different heat settings. One setting is best for summer time since air conditioned rooms tend to make the wipes extra cold. The other setting works well in the winter. While the instructions state that it takes 2 hours to heat up the wipes, it often seems to work much faster than that.
The lid is made of silicon and flips open quite easily. Some parents note that it would be nice if the lid opened a little wider in order to prevent it from closing on its own.
- Two heat settings let you pick the right temperature for your baby
- 4 LED lights make nighttime changes a breeze
- Holds 100 wipes, and viewing slot makes it easy to tell when you’re running low
- Wipes can be difficult to pull out when the warmer is almost empty
- Lid sometimes shuts on its own
This is another baby wipe warmer that can function as a night light during late night changes. You even have the option to choose between a blue insert and a white insert that changes the color of the night light. The light will remain on for 10 minutes and then turn itself off, allowing you just enough time for a successful nighttime diaper change.
This baby wipe warmer has an extra-large capacity. It warms from the top-down and has a convenient window so you can see how many wipes you have left in your dispenser. The top wipes are likely to be warmer than the wipes further down in the container.
As your wipe level depletes, you may find the wipes don’t remain as warm. If this is the case, you’ll need to replenish your wipes before you actually run out of them.
This unit can be used with disposable or cloth wipes. It’s designed for any kind of continuous feed wipes. Silicone seals in the lid help keep moisture in and your wipes ready to go.
The front viewing panel is not watertight, though. If you are adding water onto a stack of wipes (instead of directly into the base) you may notice leaking. Once the water is absorbed into your wipes there should be no additional leakage.
This is a low-voltage unit for additional safety. It should not be run off of extension cords or international 220-volt outlets. If you register your baby wipe warmer, you’ll also receive a free lifetime warranty.
- Low-voltage unit is safe and runs on little energy
- Great for a wide variety of wipe styles
- Serves as a night light for easy nighttime changes, with a choice of colors
- Doesn’t warm the entire container of wipes, which means you’ll be refilling often
- The lid is quite noisy and can be disruptive during nighttime changes
- Not watertight
The Memi wipe warmer heats from the top down. This particular unit isn’t designed to heat all the wipes at once, but rather heats just those top few. This does allow for less energy expenditure, but can be problematic if you need many wipes during a change.
The good news, however, is that the base of the inside of the container lifts as you use wipes. This keeps your top wipes where they need to be to remain warm for use. No need to worry about constantly refilling your baby wipe warmer to ensure wipes are high enough to warm sufficiently.
Unlike other wipe warmers out there, this allows you to place your wipes directly inside—in their original packaging. There’s also no need to add any additional water, which means fewer jobs for your to-do list.
This unit also has a USB cord. This wipe warmer does need to be plugged in for it to work (it doesn’t charge for later use as with a portable device). However, it can be used with a 5-volt compatible adapter designed for a car or phone. This unit runs on very little energy, which will show you savings when it comes to operating costs.
If safety is important to you, you’ll be glad to know that this baby wipe warmer is both FCC and CE compliant, meeting health, safety, and environmental standards. This model also offers a small light on the lid of the box that helps you keep track of your supplies even when it’s dark.
- No complicated prep—just put your soft-sided wipe package directly in the container and you’re ready to go
- The auto-raising floor keeps your warm wipes right where you need them to be
- Meets current safety standards
- A low-voltage model, running on only 5 volts of current
- There is no viewing window to help keep track of your current wipe stash
- This unit is designed to only warm the top few wipes
This baby wipe warmer boasts a sleek design that complements virtually any nursery or living space. It fits a wide variety of baby wipe sizes and can hold 80 wipes at a time.
There’s no need to unpackage the wipes to load them, or to add water. Simply place soft-sided wipe packages directly inside the Tuut baby wipe warmer.
Have you tried other products and have found the wipes just weren’t warm enough for you? If so, this may be the warmer you’ve been looking for. It was specifically designed to leave you with warmer wipes.
Do you worry they are too warm for your little one? Go ahead and pull a few out before you begin your changing routine and let them cool before use.
This unit is energy efficient and runs on low voltage for additional safety. It works to lock in the moisture your pre-packaged wipes come with, while preventing any discoloration from setting in. The soft silicone lid pops up easily and allows for easy access to your warmed wipes.
This unit does warm from the bottom, though. While this can make for warmer wipes, it does mean your wipes are sitting directly on top of the heating element. Your bottom wipes may dry out and you’ll want to monitor the moisture level to ensure safety.
A power-indicating light gives off a cheery glow and lets you know when your wipe warmer is plugged in. It also gives off enough light to change your baby in the dark.
- No need to transfer your wipes out of their original packaging
- Low-voltage model helps keep things safe and cost-efficient
- Warms all the contents, great for multiple-use changes
- Attractive and versatile design
- No lip on the inside of the lid allows collected condensation to slide down the back of the unit toward the plug
- It may leave wipes too warm for the very young or sensitive skins
- No viewing window to keep tabs on your current wipe inventory
Finding The Best Baby Wipe Warmer To Suit Your Needs
We hope you’ve seen something here that’s struck a chord with you. While all of these wipe warmers could work well in your home, I would personally choose the Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer.
I love that the antimicrobial additive works to keep my baby safe, even between cleanings. It’s also great that the Ever-Fresh system can be replaced. It does add additional cost, but I find it’s worth the benefits that come with swapping it out.