As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best portable baby swing is, I’d recommend the Ingenuity Power Adapt Portable Swing.
Does your baby love the swing? Do you find you get more things done with the help of a baby swing? You may be in the market for one that’s travel-friendly. Here are some of the best portable baby swings to get your search started off right.
Here are the portable baby swings I will be reviewing:
- Ingenuity Power Adapt Portable Swing
- Ingenuity Cozy Kingdom Swing
- Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing
- Ingenuity ConvertMe Swing
- Fisher-Price Take-Along Swing
- The Benefits Of Using A Portable Baby Swing
- What To Look For When Shopping For A Portable Baby Swing
- My Portable Baby Swing Reviews
- Bringing Home The Best Portable Baby Swing
The Benefits Of Using A Portable Baby Swing
Aren’t sure if a baby swing is right for your little one? Here are some great reasons to bring home a baby swing:
- Baby swings can do wonders for a fussy baby: Swings rock your baby back and forth, providing them with a comfortable alternative to your arms. This can serve to give you a physical and emotional break. It also allows your baby the time to learn to settle and soothe on their own.
- Provides a safe inclined sleep option for babies: Do you have a baby with chronic tummy troubles? Does your little one have congestion? One of the benefits of a baby swing is that your baby can get quality needed sleep in a safe sleeping space.
- Baby swings can provide your little one with age-appropriate entertainment: Most baby swings offer a mobile, lights, music, or other entertainment for your baby. Not only does this keep them occupied, but it can also provide needed mental and developmental stimulation.
- Portable baby swings bring the comfort of home wherever you go: Change can be hard for your little one. Bringing something along that they know can help make transitions easier.
What To Look For When Shopping For A Portable Baby Swing
Though portable baby swings and traditional baby swings share much in common, there are a few main differences. To track down the best portable baby swing, you’ll want to keep the following in mind while shopping:
- Does it travel easily? If you’re looking for something portable, you want something that doesn’t need to be entirely disassembled when moving. Look for something that folds for easy relocation.
- How much space does the swing take up? You’ll need to keep an eye on how small the unit gets when it’s collapsed as well as when it’s set up. If you have limited trunk space or plan on using your swing in a small space, this is exceptionally important.
- Will you need to rely on batteries? Factor in the cost of operating your portable baby swing. Will you consistently have access to electricity or are you looking for something that’s battery-operated?
My Portable Baby Swing Reviews
Know more about what you’re looking for? Here are some of our favorite portable baby swing options.
Looking for a portable swing option that doesn’t rely on batteries only? If you do a lot of traveling where you have consistent access to outlets, you may want a unit like this one. You’re still able to use batteries with this portable swing when you don’t have convenient access to an outlet. When you do, though, just opt to use the AC adapter.
This portable swing features a toy bar with sweet plush animals to help keep your little one’s attention. These toys aren’t detachable from the toy bar, but the entire toy bar can be removed as needed from the swing. This unit also plays music and nature sounds. It’s for use with children ages 0–9 months of age.
This is a heavier model, weighing in at just about 15 pounds. It does fold flat though and is designed to be carried with one hand. The motor is quiet and efficient enough to give your little one a consistent swing without disturbing their rest.
This unit is also equipped with a timer. This is a great feature when you’re using batteries as it can help preserve their longevity. You can set the timer to 30, 45, or 60 minutes to suit your little one. You’ll also be able to select your child’s speeds from five different settings.
Four D batteries are required when you aren’t using an outlet. Each set of batteries will give you 260 hours of life, though. This is one unit that won’t need frequent battery changes, even if you’re using batteries exclusively.
- Offers great battery life
- Plugs into AC outlets, making operation cheaper and battery changes less frequent
- Can be used all the way into older infancy
- Has a timer feature
- This swing is on the heavier side
- This unit sits very low to the floor, which may be a factor for you if you have other children or pets
This baby swing is made in the United States from safe materials that include steel, polyester, and ABS. It offers six different speeds to help you customize your baby’s swing experience.
Your baby’s age and weight may impact which speed is best for you. With many baby swings, the younger and lighter they are, the less speed you’ll need. This model offers TrueSpeed technology, which helps maintain the speed difference even as your baby grows.
The motor on this swing is designed for sleeping babies. It’s intentionally quiet to help prevent interrupting your little one’s sleep. This unit also offers a musical component. It comes with six different original melodies. You can also control the volume to best suit your child and your current environment.
This unit offers two different seat positions to provide the most comfortable experience for your baby. A foam toy bar helps keep your baby’s favorite toys in reach. The fabric is soft and comfortable. If needed, you can remove the seat portion and wash in a washing machine. The seat cover is even safe to put in the dryer.
This unit folds for easy travel. It’s a lightweight model that weighs in at only 6 pounds. It’s capable of supporting up to 20 pounds of weight and runs on four C batteries. Each set of batteries will get you about 3 hours of use.
The manufacturer does not recommend using this product for children over 4 months of age. If your child is capable of reaching for and pulling on the bars, you should discontinue use.
- Offers TrueSpeed technology and six different speed settings
- Lightweight and collapsible for easy travel
- Quiet motor
- Offers music and volume control
- Short battery life may make this unit expensive to operate and impractical for frequent use at home
- Has a low weight and young age limit that leaves its usefulness short-lived
This portable swing is available in four different neutral motifs to suit your child and your preference. It’s designed to be both portable and versatile. It folds for transportation and it’s easy to carry. You can use this unit in two different modes. When you don’t need a swing, it can convert to a stationary seat.
When in its stationary mode, this model offers a calming vibration function. When using the swing mode, this model is equipped with SmartSwing technology. This technology helps keep your baby’s swinging speed consistent even as they grow and gain weight. This model has six different swing speeds to help give your baby the best swing experience.
This unit comes with two different plush toys that hang from a toy bar. These plush animal toys will differ depending on the motif you choose. Every unit comes with 12 different songs and nature sounds to help your little one relax and settle.
This unit is lightweight and recommended for children who weigh between 6 and 25 pounds. The restraint system used for this swing is a 5-point nylon safety harness that helps secure your little one and prevent accidents. Though it’s lightweight and portable, the motor on this unit is powerful and doesn’t require a push to get it started.
This swing model does require four C batteries to operate and it doesn’t offer a plug-in option. You may choose to use the vibration feature even while swinging, but expect the batteries to drain quickly.
- Lightweight and great for travel
- Can be used in multiple configurations
- Offers music and a strong motor
- Does not have the option to plug in for power
- The canopy piece is not removable, which can make getting your baby in and out of the swing difficult
This portable baby swing is designed to transform into a stationary bouncy seat for a newborn as well. This unit is designed for children ages 0–9 months of age. It folds quickly and easily for transportation or for storage.
This unit is designed with your child’s safety in mind. It features a 5-point harness and non-slip grips along the base to keep your baby as safe as possible. For your little one’s comfort, this unit has five different speeds and offers a vibrating feature.
This swing operates on batteries. It uses HybriDrive technology to help preserve battery life and reduce the cost of operating. The motor on this unit is quiet to help prevent disrupting your little one while they sleep.
To help accommodate your baby and their growing needs, this swing features a moveable toy bar. You can choose from a selection of settings to best suit your child. This bar can also be moved to easily put your child in and out of the swing. If needed, you can remove this bar altogether without impacting the swing’s structure.
This unit does weigh a little more than other portable swing options. It’s a solid 9 pounds, so if weight is important to you, you may want to look elsewhere. Though the manufacturer recommends it for children 0 months and up, there is a weight cap of about 20 pounds.
You’ll need four D batteries to operate this swing. You can expect about 24 hours of use time for each set of batteries.
- Suitable for use with older infants
- No minimum weight requirement
- Offers two modes of use
- Cannot be used with an outlet
- Has a lower weight cap of 20 pounds, which may make its usefulness short-lived if you have a larger child
This Take-Along model from Fisher-Price is designed for easy travel. The unit folds into itself and even offers a convenient handle for carrying and moving. It can be used in a traditional swing mode but can also be used as a vibrating stationary seat. To get the best swing out of this model, you’ll want to give it a little push to get going.
This unit offers 10 different songs and two different nature songs to help entertain your little one. Two brightly colored animal toys hang from above to engage your baby while they swing. Unfortunately, these plastic friends are not removable for your little one to play with later.
This unit has six different speeds for you to choose from. It’s equipped with Fisher-Price’s SmartSwing technology to help keep speed consistent even as your little one grows. A 5-point harness and rubber non-slip feet help keep your little one secured safely in the swing while it’s in use.
The single-piece fabric and foam seat offers your little one a comfortable seat. It won’t take up much space, though, to help keep travel easy and convenient. When needed, the seat can be removed and washed in the washing machine.
This swing is recommended for use with babies 0–6 months of age. The maximum weight for this piece is 25 pounds. This portable swing does not offer an outlet-powering option and runs exclusively on batteries. You’ll need four D batteries for operation. Assembly is required but takes just a few minutes and is straightforward.
- Uses SmartSwing technology to match your child with the perfect swing speed
- Can be used in swing mode or as a vibrating stationary seat
- Convenient carrying handle
- The seat is one-piece and washable
- Runs only on battery power
- Swing toys are not removable
Bringing Home The Best Portable Baby Swing
A portable baby swing can make arranging your schedule and travel around your baby just a little easier. If I were bringing home a swing for my little one, it would have to be the Ingenuity Power Adapt Portable Swing. I love that you have the option to use an outlet and the extended battery life that comes with this unit.