As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best bottle warmer for breast milk is, I’d recommend the Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Warmer.
If you plan on pumping and feeding your baby with bottles, you’re probably on the hunt for a good bottle warmer. A bottle warmer makes feeding time more convenient while keeping your milk as nutritious as possible.
I’ve searched through the bottle warmers out there and put together a list of our favorites for warming breast milk. Read on to learn about what we’ve looked at while selecting the products I have chosen, and which might work for you.
In this article, I am breaking down the best bottle warmers for breast milk, and in the end, I’ll choose the winner.
Here are the bottle warmers I will be reviewing:
- Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Warmer
- Philips Avent Bottle Warmer
- The First Years 2-in-1 Bottle Warmer
- Portable Tommee Tippee Bottle Warmer
- Babebay 4-In-1 Bottle Warmer
- Boon Orb Baby Bottle Warmer
- Munchkin High-Speed Bottle Warmer
- The First Years Night Cravings Bottle Warmer & Cooler
- Baby Brezza Safe & Smart, Electric Baby Bottle Warmer and Baby Food Warmer
- Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer and Breast Milk Warmer
Why Use A Bottle Warmer?
In case you don’t already know, breast milk shouldn’t be microwaved. Microwaving breast milk can lead to uneven heating. While some of the breast milk may be an appropriate temperature, there may also be hot spots that can burn your baby.
In addition to the dangers of uneven heating, warming breast milk in the microwave can actually diminish its nutritional value. The microwaving process can impact the immunological components of the breast milk, decreasing the special properties breast milk has for boosting the immune system.
How To Thaw Breast Milk
To keep your milk at its best you’ll want to follow guidelines when thawing frozen breast milk and preparing cold breast milk for consumption. This will help keep your baby safe and healthy, and your breast milk just as valuable as when you’re nursing.
Using appropriate thawing methods helps preserve the fat content, which is a crucial component of high-quality breast milk for your baby:
- Slow thawing is recommended: This helps to avoid any detrimental effects that can come along with quick and drastic temperature changes. Remove frozen milk from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator the night before you plan on using it.
- Place your milk in warm water: Warm your water first and remove from heat. Place your frozen or cold milk in the warm (not hot) water and allow it to slowly warm to your desired temperature.
- Thaw under running water: Warm running water may also be used to help thaw your breast milk.
These are great options for thawing your breast milk, but they do involve a significant amount of time and prep work. Using a bottle warmer is a safe way to get your frozen or cold milk to the right temperature for your child.
What To Keep In Mind When Using Your Bottle Warmer
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind when using your bottle warmer for breast milk:
- Do not overwarm your milk: Overheating your milk can destroy valuable nutrients and leave your baby hungry again more quickly.
- Do not refreeze thawed milk: Any milk that has been thawed should be used within 24 hours, or disposed of. It should not be refrozen.
- Breast milk shouldn’t be hot: It’s easy to forget that babies drink milk at body temperature—making it too warm isn’t ideal.
- Once warmed, thoroughly shake your milk: Breast milk separates when stored. This is entirely normal. Before feeding, you’ll want to make sure it’s mixed well.
My Top Bottle Warmer Reviews
Now let’s take a look at the products I feel deserve a place in our list of favorites.
Are you searching for a smart appliance that’s going to cut down on the time you spend preparing food? If so, this deluxe bottle warmer from Dr. Brown’s is a great option. It’s designed to work with other Dr. Brown’s products for a seamless system that won’t slow you down.
Many moms claim it’s the best bottle warmer for breast milk, and it’s even suitable for warming baby food.
In addition to its compatibility, this unit is also straightforward and easy to use. It comes with an LCD control panel—which is one-touch friendly and has a keypad plus a single-button start function. This LCD control panel is where you’ll find the timer. After eight minutes, this unit will automatically turn off, preventing any overwarming or fire risk.
You’ll need to pour water into the water chamber to use this bottle warmer. A single filling will last through several bottle-warming sessions, though. The bottle chamber is fitted with an adjustable basket that provides a perfect fit for all your containers’ needs.
To make things even easier, this bottle warmer remembers your previous settings. If you have your baby on a regular feeding schedule and a solid routine in place, this can cut out additional prep time.
The unit may be used with traditionally shaped bottles and containers. While it is quite roomy for taller bottles, it’s not suitable for short and wide bottles. This warmer can be used with glass bottles as well as plastic, but keep in mind that glass bottles tend to warm more quickly than their plastic counterparts.
- Program memory keeps mealtime simple
- Can go through several meals before needing to replenish the water chamber’s water levels
- Great for breast milk, formula, and food
- Automatic shut-off for extra safety
- This unit can’t accommodate short, wide bottles, like Tommee Tippee products
- The water reservoir is difficult to clean
- The cord is short, which can make accessing an outlet difficult
This Avent bottle warmer heats milk evenly and quickly. Is time of the essence for you? This bottle warmer will have your 5-ounce bottle warmed and ready to feed your baby in just three minutes. While warming, it provides continuous circulation for the milk, preventing any hot spots from forming.
In addition to being efficient, this bottle warmer is great for homes with limited counter or storage space. If your cabinetry is bursting with small appliances you use only on occasion, this bottle warmer is a great option. It’s actually small enough that you can easily keep it on your nightstand for those midnight feeds.
The sleek, minimalist design has a small footprint and won’t be obtrusive when it’s left out on the counter. If you need to store it—or even travel with it—you won’t need to carve out a tremendous amount of space for it.
It’s compatible with other Avent products, including baby food jars, baby bottles, and toddler cups. It can be used to warm up both milk and baby food. It’s also incredibly simple to use, which means it’s great for those times a babysitter is doing feedings.
To operate, all you need to do is plug in the bottle warmer and turn on the switch on the back of the unit. Place your item in the warmer. An included instructional pamphlet will tell you how much water you need to add to the bottle warmer. Follow the instructions, turn the front dial, and the unit will light when it’s finished warming.
- Attractive design
- Compact and easy to store
- Simple to operate
- Heats quickly and evenly
- Suitable for use with breast milk, formula, and baby food
- Compatible with other Avent products
- This unit doesn’t come with a timer or an auto-stop feature—you’ll need to be present to remove the bottle from the warmer to prevent overheating
- Hot water is the warming source, which can pose a hazard if you’re prepping the bottle and holding the baby at the same time
This is a great multi-purpose bottle warmer that can also be used to sterilize pacifiers. It’s versatile and can be used to warm breast milk, formula, or baby food depending on your feeding needs.
This unit allows you to prepare for future meals in advance. You can fill the water vial to your required level and keep it stored handily in the front of the unit. When your baby wakes for a middle-of-the-night feed, simply pour the water from the vial into the reservoir. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have the warmed bottle you were looking for.
This bottle warmer is compact. It won’t take up much space on your counter, which makes it ideal for a crowded kitchen or even the nursery. This unit features an auto-off function for greater safety.
If you have many kinds of bottles or cups, this bottle warmer may be appealing to you. It has a wider space for your bottle to sit. It’s suitable for most shapes and sizes, including wide, angled, narrow, or even disposable bottles.
This unit heats up quickly. You can expect an 8-ounce bottle to be warmed and ready to feed in less than five minutes. It doesn’t automatically work to incorporate your milk or prevent hot spots, though, so you’ll probably want to swish the milk while it’s warming. This will help ensure even heating.
When the warming is complete, the light on this unit will turn off. A basket with a lid is included with this bottle warmer and it’s ideal for sanitizing multiple pacifiers at once.
- Can prepare for midnight meals ahead of time
- Small and travel-friendly
- Heats quickly
- Can also sterilize pacifiers
- Great budget-friendly option for a bottle warmer
- Difficult to keep clean
- Must be refilled with water for every meal
- There is no on/off switch—if the bottle warmer is plugged in, it’s on
You can’t always be tied to your kitchen outlet when it’s time to feed your baby. If you’ve been looking to get a truly travel-friendly and portable bottle warmer, take a look at this Tommee Tippee model. No electricity is needed for this product. You can use it in the parking lot, at a playground, or virtually anywhere your baby has a hankering for a meal.
To use this bottle warmer, you’ll prep it at home. Fill the thermal flask with hot water, fix the lid tightly on and pack it in your diaper bag along with your bottle. When it’s time to feed your baby, you’ll pour the water from the thermal container into the included lid. Then, you simply place the baby bottle into the lid filled with water and allow it to warm.
This unit is designed specifically for use with the Tommee Tippee bottles, which are wider than many other brands of bottles. It’s oversized, so will also be suitable for tall bottles.
The thermos component of this portable bottle warmer holds 18 ounces of water. You’ll want to make sure you have your baby bottle placed in the lid prior to pouring in the hot water.
This will help ensure you only use the water you need while also preventing any splashing or accidental burns. The water in the thermos will stay warm for an extended period of time and you can expect to heat up to two bottles from a single fill.
- Can be used anywhere
- Keeps water hot for a long period of time
- Great for oversized bottles
- Compact and ideal for traveling
- You’ll need to plan in advance for this bottle warmer
- If you don’t use your stored water in an appropriate time frame, it won’t be hot enough to heat your baby’s meal
Babebay 4-In-1 Bottle Warmer
Are you looking for more bang for your buck, or need a countertop appliance that can pull extra duty? This single unit can be used in four different ways, to make your life a little easier. Various settings help you heat formula, breast milk, or baby food to the perfect temperature. It can also be used to sterilize bottles or pacifiers.
This unit is designed to keep your milk at the right temperature for up to 24 hours. It uses an intelligent thermostat and anti-drying heating system to help achieve this. An LCD screen will give you the current temperature and allows you to adjust it to your desired setting in single degree increments.
This bottle warmer is spacious. It will fit a variety of different bottles and can even be used to sterilize your pump components.
The top of the chamber can be opened to provide additional space for extra tall items. This unit is easy and intuitive to operate, which makes it a good choice for visitors and babysitters who might not warm bottles often.
The extra-large warming chamber allows you to heat two bottles at once. This is a great function in conjunction with the 24-hour warming window. You can do the work of prepping the bottles only one time but have two feeding sessions ready to go – ideal for twins!
The Babebay bottle warmer is made from baby-safe materials. It’s constructed out of non-toxic, food-grade PVC that won’t compromise foods or milk during the heating process.
- Great multi-purpose unit
- In-unit screen lets you determine the target heat setting while showing you the current temperature
- Can heat multiple meals at once
- Will keep your bottles warm for up to 24 hours
- Can take a while to warm up
- There is no auto shut-off feature
- Can be difficult to clean
If you’re looking for a bottle warmer that’s quick, easy to use, and looks cute while doing its thing, the Boon Orb would be a great choice.
This cute little bulb-shaped warmer is small enough to fit in a corner or on a counter anywhere in your house or even your diaper bag. Its non-skid base makes it sturdy and safe, and it’s also quite easy to move around.
It uses a steam heating system to make sure your baby’s bottle is warmed evenly throughout. Just be careful not to burn yourself when taking a hot bottle out—it can be difficult to protect your fingers and get the bottle out at the same time.
The warming chamber fits most bottles, so you won’t need to go out and buy matching ones. You can use whatever bottles you already have, which gives it a thumbs up in terms of convenience!
It comes with a basket that fits into the warming chamber to allow for warming of baby food jars, too. No matter what you want to heat for your baby, this little orb can do it.
The graduated tube makes water measurement easy. An integrated auto-off feature is great for added safety and prevents the system from overheating.
There’s nothing complicated about this little bottle warmer. It’s simple but effective, has only one button on it, and plugs into a standard 110V outlet.
It’s quite child-friendly too and is made from BPA-, PVC-, and phthalate-free materials. As long as you leave it unplugged and make sure your kiddie doesn’t put their hands inside it, they can touch it, lick it, or chew on it without you having to worry.
- Auto-off function for safety
- Non-skid bottom
- Fits most bottles and baby food jars
- BPA and phthalate-free
- Easily portable for warming on-the-go
- Customers report the water measurements to be confusing
- Be careful removing hot bottles from the warmer—no protection
- Some customers report mold or rust after a few months of use
Being a mom means a busy life. We don’t have too much time to wait around for bottle warmers to do their thing. If you’re looking for a bottle warmer that’s going to have your baby’s milk ready in a jiffy, the Munchkin could become your new best friend.
This sleek-looking little warmer uses steam to heat your baby’s food or milk evenly and thoroughly, leaving no hot spots that could be a danger to your child. The best part is that it can get your baby’s milk temperature-perfect in as little as 90 seconds!
Heating with steam instead of a microwave not only warms it more evenly, but it also retains more nutritional value. It’s a much gentler way of heating and allows your baby to get as many healthy nutrients out of their meal as possible.
The easy-measure cup makes filling it a breeze, and the on/off indicator is plain to see. It also has an auto-switch-off feature, which prevents overheating. An alarm sounds when this feature is activated, so even if you’re in another room you’ll know when the milk is ready.
The lift-out basket comes with an adapter ring so you can heat smaller bottles and baby food jars too. Whatever you want to warm up, you can do it with the Munchkin warmer.
Although some customers say this warmer hasn’t lasted very long for them, if you’re looking for the quickest-warming product on the market, this is your best bet!
- Adapter ring for heating smaller bottles and jars
- Measuring cup included
- Auto-shutoff and warning alarm
- Warms a bottle in as little as 90 seconds
- Doesn’t seem to last as long as others
- Customers have reported it getting too hot and melting bottles
This is not only a warmer for breast milk and food, but it’s also a cooler. It’s basically two appliances in one, and although some customers have reported that the two don’t fit together as they do in the picture, if you want to avoid having to trek down to the kitchen in the middle of the night, this product is for you.
The warmer works well with a variety of bottles, no matter the size or shape. The cooler may not fit bottles as well, so you may need to do a bit more in-depth research, unless you’re willing to buy a compatible bottle.
It’s easy to remove the cooler and carry it around with you, so if you’re visiting a friend or going out for a day, you’ll have cool milk for up to 8 hours.
The Night Cravings warmer is perfect for keeping right in the nursery. No more running up and down the stairs with a tired, crying baby to make sure they get their nighttime feed!
A handy water vial allows you to fill the warmer enough for two nighttime heatings. One touch starts the heating process, and when it’s done the bottle warmer will turn itself off, removing any possible hazard in your baby’s room.
You can also heat baby food jars using the basket insert. A feature I love is the basket lid, which allows you to sterilize pacifiers too!
This bottle warmer is an all-rounder, with three useful features in one—a warmer, a cooler, and a sterilizer. It can definitely make your nights easier and less stressful!
- Removable two-bottle cooler (keeps bottles cool for up to 8 hours)
- Can accommodate bottles and baby food jars
- Auto-shut-off for added safety
- Fits many differently shaped and sized bottles
- Water vial included for easy measuring
- The cooler and warmer are not attached, so it’s basically two units
- Bottle needs a cool-down period before feeding to the baby
For modern moms, this little bottle warmer is exactly what it’s name suggests—safe and smart. In terms of convenience, I would rate this one pretty high.
There are two settings to choose from, so you can make sure your baby’s food gets heated evenly and quickly. Steady Warm slowly heats milk to the right temperature, helping it retain as much nutritional goodness as possible. Quick Warm is great for formula and baby food.
The Steady Warm feature uses a water bath to both defrost and warm breast milk to an adequate temperature. A water bath does an even better job of retaining nutrients than steam does. The Quick Warm function uses steam, which ensures speedy heating.
If you’re never far from your phone, the Baby Brezza comes with a smartphone app. You can operate the warmer using the app, and if you happen to be in the next room while your baby’s milk is heating, you’ll get a notification when it’s ready.
The LCD display is also super for easy operation in the middle of the night without having to light up the whole house.
It is compatible with many different bottles, so if you have some already, it should work well for you. You can always buy from the Baby Brezza glass bottle range if you need a new one.
You can actually buy this warmer by itself, or as part of a package. The package includes a 15-piece set of bottles, cleaning brushes and cloths, and the warmer for all your feeding needs!
- Steady-warm and quick-warm settings
- Suitable for breast milk and baby formula or food
- Download the app to operate the warmer and receive notifications when your milk is ready
- Fits most bottles, jars, and storage bags
- Auto-off prevents overheating
- It’s not easy to remove a bottle without getting burned
- Customers report inconsistent warming
- Somewhat pricier than other products
If you’re nervous about using steam as a heating agent, this warmer may be the best choice for you. It uses a water bath instead of steam to warm your breast milk, and can even heat baby food or frozen milk straight from the freezer!
You can use this for heating and thawing. I find this highly convenient, as sometimes you can’t sit around and wait for frozen bags to defrost! It’s also less likely to destroy important nutrients in the milk or formula than steam is.
The only downside to using water instead of steam is that it may take slightly longer to heat the milk to an appropriate temperature.
A nice feature of this warmer is that you don’t need to measure the water out each time, as it has an onboard reservoir (similar to a coffee machine).
An even better feature, though, is that when it’s done, the power shuts off. The device completely removes the source of heat, making this one of the safest options around.
The universal warming chamber is suitable for bottles, jars, bags, and pouches. No more dirtying extra dishes just to warm your baby’s food!
This is extremely convenient, especially if you have frozen milk in bags instead of bottles.
There have been numerous reports of this warmer not lasting very long. You should definitely take care to follow the cleaning instructions, try to use bottled water, and unplug it when not in use.
- Uses a water bath instead of steam
- Does not need water measuring each time
- Auto-off function automatically removes the bottle from the heat source
- Warming chamber is designed for bottles, bags, jars, and pouches
- Great for both frozen and thawed milk
- According to reviews, it doesn’t last very long
- Some customers report the warmer taking a long time to heat the milk
Choosing The Best Bottle Warmer For Breast Milk And Your Baby
Finding the best bottle warmer for breast milk doesn’t have to be impossible, as you can see. Any one of these bottle warmers could be the ideal choice for fulfilling your needs.
If I were bringing home a bottle warmer, it would have to be the Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Warmer. The extra safety features are great, including being BPA-free and the auto shut-off function. I also love that it has program memory and doesn’t need to be refilled for every use. It adds up to less work and more time saved for me.