As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best high chair for twins is, I’d recommend the Ingenuity Trio High Chair.
If you have twins you know there are special challenges to equipping them both with everything they need. Have you been searching for a good option for high chairs for your twins?
Here’s a look at the best high chair for twins to get you started with your shopping.
Here are the high chairs for twins I will be reviewing:
- JOOVY Foodoo High Chair
- Evenflo Convertible High Chair
- Ingenuity Trio High Chair
- Cosco Folding High Chair
- Baby Trend Sit Right High Chair
Things To Consider When Shopping For High Chairs For Twins
When you’re shopping around for the best high chair for twins, keep these questions in mind:
- How much space do you really have? Some high chairs can take up a lot of space. Keep track of how much space you have in your eating area, both for use and for storage. Make sure you can still easily navigate around your children while they’re in their seats.
- How long will you be using your high chairs? Are you looking for something that can take your child from infancy into childhood? Or do you just want a quick fix that will see your child through to a booster? The answer may be influenced by your space, your budget, and your meal structures.
- Does your high chair need to serve any additional purpose? Looking for a multipurpose high chair to help conserve space? There are some great options out there. Know what you need before you start shopping.
What To Look For In A Great High Chair For Twins
Aren’t sure where to start when it comes to shopping for high chairs? Make sure your high chair has the following key features:
- Easy to clean: Your time is at a premium. With two small ones at home, you don’t want to waste your time cleaning a high chair. Get something that wipes down easily for quick cleans and can be tossed in the wash when needed.
- Fully tested and certified safe: You can help your child stay safe when using a high chair by always keeping them fastened and never leaving them unattended. Choosing a high-quality and safety-approved high chair can give you a good start. High chairs should always have a harness—a 3-point harness is good, but a 5-point harness is even better.
- Comfortable: Your little ones are going to be spending some serious time in their high chairs. To get the most out of your high chairs, you’re going to want to make sure your children like spending time in them.
My Reviews Of The Best High Chairs For Twins
Check out our favorite high chair models to help get you bringing home the best high chair for twins.
JOOVY Foodoo High Chair
This unit is packed full of features that will suit your growing twins. It offers eight different height options you can adjust to suit your needs. With five recline positions and two different footrest positions, you can create exactly the seat your little one is looking for.
This is a heavier unit that weighs in at over 25 pounds. However, it’s made to be easily moved and is equipped with heavy-duty rubber wheels. These wheels allow you to move your high chair where it’s needed most without damaging the floor. They also feature rubber stoppers to safely keep your high chair in place when needed.
This high chair offers some unique features. The back is open, which can make it easier for you to move around when the high chair is set up. This open back of the base doesn’t compromise the safety or stability of the unit. It does, however, allow the unit to be folded up easily with one hand.
The tray included with this unit has two different positions it can be set in. It can be operated with a single hand and the insert is dishwasher safe for easy sterilizing. The chair offers a cushioned cover that’s upholstered in leatherette material. While it’s not safe for use in the washing machine, it cleans very well with a clean, damp cloth.
This unit can be used with children who weigh up to 50 pounds. When folded up, it’s easy to store. No need to prop this unit up against something — it will stand on its own when folded.
- Offers a lot of options for customizing to provide your little ones with the most comfort
- Folds for storage and to free up space when not in use
- Has wheels to make moving from place to place a little easier
- While the lower height settings are stable, the highest setting can be unsteady
- The bottom latch that unhooks the tray is accessible to your little one while in the seat which can lead to messes
Evenflo Convertible High Chair
This high chair from Evenflo is designed to work for your children from 6 months of age all the way until they’re 50 pounds. This unit converts to three different modes. The first is a traditional high chair look and function. It provides a great way for you to interact with your child at a comfortable level during meals and while feeding.
Your little one should be at least 6 months old and sitting unassisted before moving into the high chair. As they get older, you’ll be able to transition them to the “My Time” mode. In this setting, the high chair sits lower to the ground.
Your children will be able to get in and out of their chair on their own, though you’ll still need to buckle and unbuckle them. This set-up is recommended for children who are at least 8 months old and who weigh less than 50 pounds.
In “My Time” mode, your little one will still have their tray to keep their food where it belongs. As they become more sophisticated eaters, you can remove the tray. The bottom half of the high chair (when set to its fullest height) then serves as a table that’s the perfect height for the chair. Your twins can sit together for meals and experience adult-style eating on a smaller scale.
When needed, you can remove the covers and wash them in the washing machine. The overall design is sleek and modern with fewer crevices to clean out. This unit weighs 11 pounds, so it’s not too heavy to move where you need it to be.
- Offers multiple modes of use and is suitable from infancy to childhood
- Easy to clean
- Assembly is quick and easy
- The chair back is not adjustable, which can make getting your little ones in and out a little more challenging
- The tray sits a little far out from the chair, which can allow more mess to end up in your child’s lap during meals
Ingenuity Trio High Chair
This 3-in-1 high chair can be a great option if you’re looking for more ways to use your high chair. It offers the traditional high chair set up. It can also be used as a booster by detaching the seat portion from the base and attaching it to one of your chairs.
When your child is old enough to graduate from being strapped tightly into the seat portion, you can remove it altogether. The base of the high chair can then be used as a self-contained booster seat.
This unit is easy to keep clean. It wipes up well for fast cleaning but the chair’s padding can also be removed and put in the washing machine when needed. The tray portion of this unit has two separate pieces. Pop out the top for a quick hand washing after meals. You can also remove both the upper and lower tray portion and place them in the dishwasher for deep cleaning.
This high chair has been designed with safety in mind. Depending on the mode it’s being used in, you’ll be able to latch your children in with 3-point or 5-point harnesses. The seat cushions are soft and comfortable and the chair is capable of supporting up to 50 pounds of weight.
A great perk to this unit is that a single high chair can work for twins at the same time. Once they’re capable of using the booster portion, you can downsize to just one high chair. Keep one in the booster while the other sits in the seat on a chair.
- Offers three different configurations to suit your child for a longer period of time
- Has both a 3-point and 5-point harness
- Allows you to use a single chair for multiple children at the same time
- This unit doesn’t fold up for easy storage
- The tray does not attach to the booster seat, only to the seat portion of the high chair
Cosco Folding High Chair
Searching for an affordable option for your twins’ new high chair? This model from Cosco might be what you’re looking for. It’s available in a variety of colors and prints to suit both your little ones and your decor. It’s lightweight and easy to move around but is capable of supporting your child until they weigh 50 pounds.
This is a folding unit. You can collapse it and store it in your regular living space to take up less room when it’s not in use. It’s capable of standing on its own, so there’s no need to look for an out-of-the-way place to lean it. This high chair also has a compact fold that makes it a good choice for traveling.
The Cosco high chair is outfitted with a 3-point harness to keep your little one safe while using it. The fabric on the seat is easy to wipe clean. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to remove the seat cover for washing in the washing machine or even at the sink. The chair’s tray offers three different preset positions. This allows the high chair to better serve your little ones as they grow.
This unit also offers a foot and leg rest for additional comfort. While this high chair doesn’t have the bells and whistles some others might, no corners were cut when it comes to safety. This high chair is JPMA-certified and it meets all ASTM safety standards. Although assembly is required, it is straightforward and easy.
- Affordable price point
- Folds for easy storage and travel
- Meets all safety standards
- The seat is not adjustable
- The seat cover cannot be removed for deeper cleanings
Baby Trend Sit Right High Chair
This high chair model from Baby Trend is designed to free up space. When it’s not in use, it folds up for storage or to simply create a little more room. It’s capable of freestanding so there’s no need to wedge it or prop it and risk a fall.
This is a midweight unit that weighs in at 17 pounds. It’s capable of supporting children who weigh up to 40 pounds. This unit is easy to assemble and offers a 3-point harness to help keep your child safe while in the chair.
This high chair model can be adjusted to best suit your little ones’ needs. The seat has three different incline positions to help keep your babies comfortable and to make getting them in and out a little easier. The tray also offers multiple positions to choose from. There are three different settings and the tray can be operated with a single hand for those times when you’ve only got one free.
In addition to the seat and tray customizations you can make, there are also eight different height options. The tray can be removed when needed for cleaning and it’s safe to place in the dishwasher. The tray also offers five different recessed compartments to help keep food, drinks, and utensils off the floor.
This model is not equipped with wheels. Though this high chair folds up, it is not as compact as some of the other folded options on the market. If your space is at a premium or if you’re looking for something that’s travel-friendly, you may want to consider another option.
- Offers multiple positions and heights to keep your little ones comfortable
- Can be stored in a freestanding fold
- The included tray is molded and easy to clean
- A midweight unit without wheels, this chair can be cumbersome to move around
- Does not fold as compactly as other high chairs on the market
Bringing Home The Best High Chair For Twins
You know high chairs are crucial when you have twins at home. Any of these may be a great option for you. If I were in the market, I would opt for the Ingenuity Trio High Chair.
I love how many options there are for customizing the chair to my little one’s needs. The fact that it’s easy to clean is also quite nice.