As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best travel bed for toddlers is, I’d recommend the Hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed. If you’re on a budget, I think the Regalo Portable Toddler Cot offers the best value.
Are you planning a trip with your toddler? It can be challenging to bring everything you need to keep your child on their regular schedule along with you. Picking out a good travel bed for your toddler can help your child more easily transition to a new schedule in a new place.
In this article, I am breaking down the best travel beds for toddlers, and in the end, I’ll choose the winner.
Here are the toddler travel beds I will be reviewing:
- Milliard Portable Toddler Bumper Bed
- Regalo Portable Toddler Cot
- The Shrunks Travel Toddler Bed
- Hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed
- Leachco BumpZZZ Travel Bed
My Toddler Travel Bed Reviews
I have reviewed a few different types of toddler beds in this post, and I believe any one of them would be a good option. Having said that, I do have a favorite, and I’ve selected it below.
Have you been searching for a truly portable toddler bed that can be used practically anywhere? This option by Milliard may work for you. More than just a mat you place on the floor, this travel bed for toddlers has a tall perimeter that keeps your child safely in place.
This travel toddler bed is covered in comfortable velour. It’s a waterproof cover that helps protect your travel bed from the stains that frequently come with children. Should you need to, though, this slipcover is outfitted with a zipper for easy removal. Simply wash the cover according to the instructions and it’s as good as new.
This unit is designed to fold in half for transportation. Additional sleep items like favorite stuffed animals and extra pajamas can be stored within the bed while it’s collapsed. When folded up for travel, this unit measures 25 inches by 14.5 inches by 27 inches. Depending on the other items you’re packing, you may find this is a little large for smaller vehicles.
When set up for use, this unit measures 55 inches long by 26 inches wide by 7 inches high. The mattress itself is 48 inches long by 20 inches wide. A bonus fitted sheet is included with this product.
This travel bed is recommended for children ages 18 months through 5 years of age. When your child uses it, they’ll be directly supported by the floor, so there are no real weight restrictions. As long as your child fits comfortably in the bed, they’ll be able to continue enjoying using it.
- Will suit your growing child for many years
- Offers additional storage when folded
- Cover can be machine washed as needed
- Does not offer a small footprint for traveling
- The inner portion of the mattress is on the narrow side and may not suit a child who likes to sprawl while sleeping
Looking for something that’s truly portable and requires very little setup? You might be interested in this fold-and-go style cot. It collapses in a matter of moments into a compact unit for easy travel. Set-up is just as quick and easy.
At 9 inches long by 8 inches wide and 24 inches tall, you can even pop this cot into a bag for convenient travel. When it’s set up, this cot measures 48 inches long and 24 inches wide. It sits 9 inches above the floor. This cot offers a comfortable sleep surface for your little one.
In addition to its small size, this unit is also lightweight, weighing just about 6 pounds. This makes it ideal for traveling over long distances or commuting on public transportation. It’s also great when your arms are full with your toddler and their gear.
This travel bed is a great option for weekend trips, sleepovers, vacations, and even for napping on the go. This is also a great multi-purpose unit and makes a great seat for your little one when you’re out and about. It’s perfect for sports games, outdoor movies, and picnics.
This travel bed is suitable for children ages 2–5 and can support up to 75 pounds of weight. The frame is made of sturdy steel and won’t be easily bent or compromised. The material on the cot is a heavy-duty canvas that’s durable and waterproof. It can also be removed to wash when needed. A fitted sheet is included with this product.
- Great portability
- Can be set up anywhere, anytime, with no electricity needed
- A multipurpose unit that’s great for sleep and play
- This unit can be tipped if your child doesn’t stay centered and balanced
- A carry case is not included with this unit
Looking for an inflatable bed option that still offers a little protection from falls? This inflatable travel toddler bed could be what you had in mind. Small bumpers along the length of the bed will help prevent your little one from accidentally rolling out of bed.
One of the original air mattresses specifically designed with young children in mind, this unit comes with a lifetime warranty. This unit features a convenient carrying bag and an electric pump that will inflate the bed in less than 30 seconds. If you’re traveling and don’t have access to electricity, this bed can also be inflated with a foot pump.
When inflating this travel toddler bed, there are two separate air chambers you’ll need to fill. Start with valve one. This air chamber is responsible for filling the inner mattress portion of the bed. Once it’s been inflated, move on to valve two and fill the bottom chamber. These separate chambers give you the unique opportunity to use a standard fitted crib sheet with this inflatable travel toddler bed.
When it’s time to deflate the bed, you can set your electric pump to deflate and pull the air out instead of pump it in. Though it will take a little longer, you can also remove the air manually if needed.
The center mattress portion of this travel mattress is covered with flocking. This soft material helps prevent loud squeaking and offers a more comfortable sleep surface. All materials used in this travel toddler bed are safe and it’s both BPA and lead-free.
When inflated, this bed measures 60 inches long by 37 inches wide. When deflated and packed for storage or travel, this bed measures a mere 16 inches by 7 inches. A two-year warranty is included.
- Includes a convenient storage and travel bag
- Set up and take down can take just a few moments
- Offers a large sleeping surface
- The plastic used for this mattress can have a strong odor
- This unit is not recommended for toddlers younger than the age of 2 years
This travel bed for toddlers by Hiccapop has worked to improve on the original Shrunks design. Like the Shrunks bed, this toddler travel bed has two different inflatable components. This model, however, offers an inner mattress portion that can be entirely removed.
This unit measures 62 inches long and 38 inches wide when inflated. The bed rails are 11 inches high and 49 inches long to help keep your little one in bed where they belong. This travel bed offers a high weight capacity of over 300 pounds. This helps ensure your child will be comfortable on it for many years to come.
The inner portion of this travel bed will fit a standard fitted crib sheet. The top of the mattress is flocked. This helps to cut down on squeaking and also provides a comfortable surface for those times you don’t have a sheet on hand.
This travel bed includes an electric pump to fill the two separate components quickly and efficiently. This travel pump is only for use in the United States, though. If you’re traveling abroad, you’ll need an approved pump designed for use in that country.
This product is designed with your child’s safety in mind. Hiccapop’s product meets (or exceeds) all safety standards. This unit is constructed of safe, tested materials and does not include any BPA, phthalates, or lead.
Weighing about 9 pounds when deflated, this travel bed can easily be packed for air or car travel. A convenient storage bag is included with purchase.
- Has a high weight limit that’s sure to suit your child for a long time
- Extra height and length to the guard rails keep your little one from rolling out
- Made from safe materials
- The included carrying bag can be easily damaged
- The guard rails don’t extend to the top or bottom of the bed
This travel bed option is made in the United States. Constructed out of polyester, cotton, and polyurethane foam, this bed is both straightforward and comfortable. When unfolded and set up for sleep, this unit measures 58 inches by 39 inches. The bed, including the bumper rail, is 7 inches tall.
This travel bed for toddlers is an oversized mat-style sleeping space. Everything you need is included, so there’s no need to set time aside for assembly. When you’re ready to put your little one to sleep, simply unfold and get your toddler situated. There’s no hassle or additional items you’ll need to drag along with you during your trip.
In addition to the comfortable sleeping space, a cushioned bumper travels the entire perimeter of this unit. This helps keep your child safely in the bed and not on the floor. This unit does not need to be placed on a pad, even when being used on a hard floor. If needed, it can be equipped with a waterproof sheet.
When you’re looking for a comfortable place to sit, this can also be folded in half to use as a seat. When needed, the cover can be removed from this bed for laundering. There are no weight restrictions that come along with this bed.
A convenient bag for storage and for traveling is included with this product. When collapsed for travel, this bed measures 20 inches by 37 inches by 14.75 inches. It is a larger unit—even when folded—so you’ll need a significant amount of space to accommodate it while traveling or storing.
- Can be used for sitting or sleeping
- Offers a bumper rail around the entire perimeter
- Can be disassembled for easy washing and maintenance
- This unit can be difficult to fit with a fitted sheet
- Takes up a significant amount of room, even at its smallest
Why Use A Travel Toddler Bed?
Are you planning a trip and wondering if you really need to pack a travel bed for your toddler? Here are some great reasons to go ahead and bring a toddler bed along on your trip:
- Provides a secure sleeping space for your child: Many hotels have cribs available for children. However, there’s usually not a guarantee you’ll be able to reserve one. When you don’t bring your own travel bed, you may find yourself without a safe bed for your little one.
- No worries about exposure to germs or disease: Bringing your own toddler travel bed along gives you a little more control. You know it’s been properly maintained and sanitized as needed, which helps reduce the risk of illness for your child.
- Travel beds for toddlers are designed for easy travel: When you’re on the go, no one wants extra problems. Travel beds set up quickly and are easy to take down when needed. Just bring along a toddler sleeping bag and you’re good to go. This is one of the secrets to traveling with toddlers.
Things To Consider While Shopping For A Toddler Travel Bed
Before you start shopping around, there are some things you’ll want to take into consideration. Ask yourself the following questions to help rule out travel beds that won’t work for you:
- What type of bed are you looking for? While you may be comfortable using an inflatable bed with an older child, you might want to avoid it with a younger toddler.
- How much space do you have? Are you checking a travel bed on an airplane? Do you do most of your traveling in a compact car? Travel space is important, but the amount of space you have at your final destination matters, too.
- What kind of longevity are you looking for? Looking for a travel bed that will get your toddler through the next vacation or one that will last a few years? This will impact what you’re looking for—and what your budget might look like.
Bringing Home The Best Travel Bed For Toddlers
When it comes to travel beds, you have a lot of options. If I were bringing home one of these travel beds, it would be the Hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed. It’s really light and easy to travel with when it’s deflated, and it’s also comfortable for toddlers.
If you’re budget, I would recommend the Regalo Portable Toddler Cot. It’s a quality travel bed, and it’s priced quite affordably.