As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best travel bottle warmer is, I’d recommend the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle Warmer.
Nothing is worse than having a hungry baby with nowhere to heat up their bottle. Sure, you could run it under hot water, but that really isn’t going to do much. Not to mention it will take forever to get it to the right temperature. So what does one do in this situation? We’re going to highlight the best travel bottle warmers for you.
In this article, I am breaking down the best travel bottle warmers, and in the end, I’ll choose the winner.
Here are the travel bottle warmers I will be reviewing:
- Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle Warmer
- Papablic Mini Portable Warmer
- Glisoo 2-in-1 Bottle Warmer
- Aquaheat Portable Bottle Warmer
- Kiinde Kozii Voyager
- How Do Travel Bottle Warmers Work?
- Benefits Of Travel Bottle Warmers
- What To Consider When Shopping For A Travel Bottle Warmer
- My Top Travel Bottle Warmer Reviews
- Finding The Best Travel Bottle Warmer For Your Child
How Do Travel Bottle Warmers Work?
Depending on the type of travel warmer you choose, it will operate differently. They all essentially heat up your baby’s bottle, but some may be battery-operated while others will use hot water or special heating pads.
If you have a thermos style bottle warmer, you’ll need to fill it up with hot water before you leave. These will come with a thermos as well as a container for the bottle to sit in while warming.
You’ll set the bottle into the container and then pour the water in. Being careful not to fill the water over the bottle, you’ll then let it sit in the hot water to warm up. A few minutes later, you should have a warm bottle.
While these are a popular choice of travel bottle warmers, if you’re prone to mom-brain like many moms, you may want to steer away from warmers that require warm water. With everything else you need to remember before leaving, it’s easy to forget.
Some travel bottle warmers use heating packs to warm your baby’s bottle. For these to work, you set them at the bottom of a base and activate them with water. They usually work with either hot or cold water so they’re really convenient if you’re in a pinch.
You will need to watch out with these because they can become extremely hot during use.
These will probably look like a miniature version of the bottle warmer sitting on your counter at home. Essentially, they operate the same way but instead of plugging it into the wall, you just simply turn them on.
The only disadvantage to these is that you will need water for these warmers as well as batteries or a place to recharge.
Benefits Of Travel Bottle Warmers
Travel bottle warmers can really come in handy in a variety of situations. Whether you’re in a pinch at the park or in the middle of a long road trip, travel warmers will be your saving grace for a number of reasons:
- They help in a pinch: If you’ve ever been out at the park and you realize you have no way of warming your child’s bottle, you can understand this. They can really come in handy if you need a quick solution.
- They’re inexpensive: Most travel bottle warmers are still relatively affordable.
- They’re compact and store easily: Just like any other “travel-size” product, travel bottle warmers are much smaller than their regular counterparts. They can easily be stored in your diaper bag or a cabinet without worrying about shelf space.
What To Consider When Shopping For A Travel Bottle Warmer
When shopping for your travel bottle warmer, you may want to take a few things into consideration before taking the plunge. It’s always important to keep your upcoming environment in mind.
Will you be going somewhere without a water source? Are you staying in the car? What about the amount of time your baby can wait before eating? These are all valid questions and are worth considering.
What Do You Need It For?
Think about when and where you would use it. Do you travel a lot by car? Are you an outdoorsy family? Even if you only need it for when the mom-brain kicks in and you aren’t fully prepared, you’ll want the right style to fit your situation.
Has It Been Recalled Recently?
When choosing your bottle warmer, try to find out if it’s been recalled recently and why it’s been recalled. Bottle warmers deal with heat and while it’s only meant to get warm, malfunctions do happen. It’s important to know whether or not a certain one has issues because it becomes a safety concern for you and your baby.
How Fast Does It Work?
When your baby is hungry, they don’t want to have to wait for their food. Try to find out the approximate warm-up time of the warmer you’re looking at. Most warmers will only take a few minutes, but others can take much longer.
My Top Travel Bottle Warmer Reviews
I have taken a look at the bottle warmers available on the market, and then reviewed the best ones for travel. I’ve also picked my favorite.
This bottle warmer by Tommee Tippee is a thermos-style warmer. The thermal flask keeps your water warm until needed and doesn’t require an external warming source. You can use other bottle brands with this warmer, but it’s specially designed for Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature baby bottles.
The thermos part is made out of stainless steel and the water reservoir is plastic. The lid of the thermos is nice because it securely fastens with the push of a button. This will help guard against inconvenient leaks and spills.
The design is compact, which works well for storing right in your diaper bag. It’s portable, convenient, and doesn’t require batteries or electricity which makes it perfect for when you’re out and about. The warmer is also BPA free.
To use this travel warmer, simply fill the thermos with hot water before you leave. When you need to use it, pour the hot water into the plastic container then add the bottle.
- It can fit all standard-sized bottles
- It has a compact design
- The thermos keeps water warm all day
- Thermos may leak despite leak-proof claim
- Water may be hot enough to burn your skin when pouring
If you’re looking for a thermos-style warmer, this is another one to take a look at. It has an easy-to-carry portable design and can fit most bottle brands. It doesn’t use any electricity and the thermos seal is waterproof to make sure leaks don’t happen.
The thermos is also vacuum insulated so it will keep your water warm for the entire day.
The whole thing is super compact and lightweight and is comparable to the size of a regular water bottle or thermos. This makes it perfect to stick right into the diaper bag.
The thermos itself is stainless steel and BPA free so you can rest assured that your baby won’t take in anything harmful.
Papablic also offers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If you aren’t pleased with the product, they will take it back no questions asked.
- Lightweight and compact
- The thermos will keep the water warm all day
- The warmer heats the bottle quickly and evenly
- It fits in the cupholder of your car
- It isn’t compatible with wider bottles such as Tommee Tippee or Comotomo
- The thermos doesn’t hold a lot of water
- It will leak if you don’t screw the lid on perfectly
This bottle warmer can be used via USB or by battery power. It is BPA, lead, and phthalate-free. The nice thing about this warmer is that it has three different temperatures you can choose from.
It’s stylish, small, and portable which makes it super easy to carry and the inside is made of stainless steel. This particular warmer works best with wide neck baby bottles (think Tommee Tippee or Avent).
It can be used for both breast milk and formula. It has a formula specific design though. With this warmer, you can measure the amount of milk powder simply by pressing the top button. One press of the button equals 10 grams of milk powder.
- This warmer has an innovative design
- It will measure your milk powder for you
- It offers three different temperature options
- The warmer can be battery-operated or used via USB
- The powder dispenser may not be accurate
- Some have reported leaks while they used it
If you’re in a pinch and you need to warm your baby’s bottle, this is a unique option to keep in mind. This portable warmer uses a container, water, and a warm heat pack to warm up your baby’s bottle.
The whole thing comes with a rust-resistant stainless steel bottle, a warming pod and stage one nipple, nipple ring and cap, neoprene sleeve, and two heat packs. Heat packs can be bought individually, so when you run out, you can stock up on more without having to spend a ton of money.
To use it, all you have to do is put the heat pack in the included container and add water to activate it. It doesn’t even need to be warm water either, which really helps if you’re really in a bind. Once you do that, just place the included stainless steel bottle on top and let it get to work.
The heat packs are eco-friendly, non-toxic, and biodegradable. This is handy for any eco-conscious parents out there. Each heat pack will last up to an hour so they can be reused if needed. Keep in mind, though, that the second serving may not warm up as well as the first.
- This is an environmentally-friendly product
- It comes with everything you need to warm your baby’s food
- This is a good warmer for when the power goes out or you aren’t near hot water
- The parts are all BPA, phthalate, lead, and PVC free
- You have to dump the milk from the provided bottle into a different bottle if you don’t plan on using the one they give you. This can be inconvenient
- You’ll need to keep buying more heating packs as you run out
This is a good warmer if you’re looking for an inexpensive, yet still effective, option. The warmer works to heat up breast milk, formula, or food in just about any container.
All you need to do is store your hot water in the stainless steel and vacuum insulated container. This warmer comes with two separate warming cups so you can use whichever size fits your baby’s bottle the best.
The hot water storage system is made of a triple wall to ensure no heat leaks out of the container.
It is completely electricity free and doesn’t use batteries which is really helpful if you can’t get to a power source immediately. It fits inside most cup holders and is free from BPA, phthalates, and latex too.
The Kiinde package comes with one warmer and one outer storage shell. The outer storage shell doubles as both the small and large warming cups.
- Comes with two different sized warming cups
- The warmer doesn’t require electricity
- Heats up milk or food in just about any type of container
- Can easily be stored in a diaper bag
- The bottom may rust after a few uses
- It doesn’t hold very much water
- The water doesn’t stay warm all day
Finding The Best Travel Bottle Warmer For Your Child
If you’ve ever been somewhere without a hot water source like a park and your baby starts screaming in hunger, you know the struggle. It can get especially frustrating for you and baby if their food isn’t warm enough. It may even get to the point where they refuse to eat—then everybody becomes cranky.
That’s why travel bottle warmers are such a good investment. They’re relatively inexpensive and can save a lot of stress on you and your baby. If I had to choose one to recommend to you, it would definitely be the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle Warmer.
Despite being designed for a specific bottle, it’s still compatible with other major bottle brands. It’s also extremely easy to use and heats up the baby’s bottle quickly. This comes in handy when the baby is getting antsy and doesn’t want to wait.