As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best baby exersaucer is, I’d recommend the Baby Einstein Neptune’s Ocean Discovery Jumper.
When I had my first baby, I was thrilled when he made an effort to move besides crawling. I wanted to cultivate that urge because I could see that he really wanted to be out and about and was eager to start to walk. I also just needed somewhere to put him so I could have two hands every now and then.
My mom-friends had already warned me against walkers, as their little ones had taken a few tumbles. So I bought an exersaucer, which is a much safer option. Here’s a round-up of the best baby exersaucers on the market right now, plus some things to keep in mind when shopping.
Here are the baby exersaucers I will be reviewing:
- Baby Einstein Neptune’s Ocean Discovery Jumper
- Evenflo Exersaucer Moovin & Groovin Activity Center
- Fisher-Price K6070 Rainforest Jumperoo
- Evenflo Exersaucer Jump & Learn Stationary Jumper
- Skip Hop Explore and More Baby’s View 3-Stage Interactive Activity Center
- Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper
- Evenflo Exersaucer Explorer Triple Saucer
- Bright Starts Springin’ Safari Bounce-a-Bout Activity Center
- Oribel PortaPlay 4-in-1 Foldable Travel Activity Center
What Is a Baby Exersaucer?
More and more exercise equipment and activity centers for babies hit the market annually. Depending on who you ask, you’re bound to get varying opinions on the best type to use. However, exersaucers are a common recommendation by experts and experienced parents. If you’re thinking of buying this tool as a gift for your young one, it’s best you know what it is first.
Exersaucers were first developed by the Evenflo company for toddlers. They are stationary play centers for babies with an elevated seat and a circular base. Most of them feature toys and games that are not only fun but will aid your baby’s development.
You’ll find an exersaucer in most family homes today. Nowadays, the term ‘exersaucer’ is used as a general term for all stationary activity centers.
These innovative play centers feature an immobile saucer-shaped base that keeps your baby safe from serious accidents. Depending on the features and where you buy them, exersaucers can go for anywhere between $50 to $200.
Are They Worth the Extra Bucks?
Now that you know what an exersaucer is, would you consider buying one for your baby? It’s not easy deciding what to invest in and what your baby will like, especially if you have all these baby gear alternatives to choose from. Jumpers and walkers are great (though flawed), but are exersaucers a worthy addition to your baby equipment.
It’s important to note that while exersaucers do not work the instant magic of causing your child to walk sooner, they are perfect for helping babies hit milestones such as walking, cruising, pulling to stand, sitting, and so on. They are best for keeping your child safely occupied for short periods of time, which every parent needs at some point.
Babies maintain an upright position in the saucer, which is a good thing. They also encourage several movement patterns, including tip-toe standing. With these and more benefits, it is up to you to decide whether or not to make space for it in your living room.
How to Pick the Best Exersaucer
This baby necessity comes in a variety of types and brands. It might be somewhat overwhelming for new parents to pick the right one for their baby. Is the selection process as complicated as it seems? Well, not really.
Consider the following when choosing the right exersaucer for your baby:
- The saucer’s seat should fit your baby comfortably without having to squeeze them in.
- Make sure to check out the age and weight recommendations for the saucer to ensure maximum safety and comfortability.
- The seat should be detachable for cleaning purposes, and adjustable as your baby grows.
- Consider the size as well. Foldable saucers are perfect for small rooms or apartments, plus it might be portable if that’s important to you.
- Think about what features are important to you and your baby, such as lights, sounds, seat rotation, bouncing seat, and toys.
Pros and Cons of Using Exersaucers
Here are some upsides and downsides of using exersaucers to keep your baby occupied:
- Parents consider exersaucers a second helper when their partners are either busy or not at home. With your baby sitting safely, you can easily juggle whatever other workload you have on the side while watching him/her play.
- While walkers can cause serious injury to your baby, exersaucers are the safest activity equipment you can buy. Although walkers make movement easy, they are not worth your baby’s safety as they are notorious for giving uncontrolled mobility to babies. Some have ended up in pools or down stairways in their walkers.
- On the other hand, exersaucers keep your child safe and entertained. They come with brightly colored toys that attract and hold a baby’s attention, keeping them entertained for longer periods.
- The exersaucer allows you to get down to the baby’s level and sing, talk, read to them, and even play with the toys along with them. This kind of stimulation is extremely beneficial to their development.
- Exersaucers are excellent for building a baby’s core strength and core stability, especially if the baby in question is of the recommended age (four months or more, and is able to hold up their head). It also helps to sharpen their balancing skills.
- Exersaucers don’t always hold your baby in the correct posture, so ensure they’re not sitting in it for too long each day.
- Leaving your baby in a saucer for the better part of their waking hours is not so safe. They gradually develop the risk of being unable to maintain balance when they attempt to walk on their own.
- Your child may develop a syndrome known as ‘Container Baby Syndrome’ when left in an exersaucer for too long. This syndrome causes delays in crawling, holding things, lifting hands and heads, and many others.
My Baby Exersaucer Reviews
Based on my frantic search for my baby’s exersaucer, I’ve taken it upon myself to put together nine of the best baby exersaucers on the market for new parents having a hard time, just like me. Regardless of your preferences, you’re bound to find something special here for your little angel.
This globally-recognized Baby Einstein jumper deserves all the plaudits it receives from customers! If you love the ocean theme as much as I do, this may be the product for you.
While it may not be a traditional exersaucer, your baby will no doubt love the option to bounce.
One of the best features that caught my eye about this piece of baby equipment is its activity stations. The Baby Einstein jumper comes inclusive of four mounted activity stations. With these activity stations and the ability to turn 360-degrees, your baby will always be engaged.
In turn, you will have ample time to take care of other pressing issues around the house.
Moreover, the jumper also comes with removable plates and a washable seat that makes it easier to clean. A clean play area for baby equates to peace of mind for me any day.
When you disassemble it, you can rearrange the parts in whatever design that appeals to you. Another great feature of this jumper is its high assortment of games-12 to be specific. Not only does it keep your child occupied, it also improves your baby’s cognitive ability.
- You can easily attach toys and accessories
- Fairly fast and easy assembly process
- Enjoyable music experience that comes complete with volume controls
- Has one of the best available swivel seats
- Baby can jump and bounce
- Easy to clean
- Four height positions
- Teaches in three languages
- Not enough room to grow, especially for taller babies
- Babies get bored with the activities quite quickly
If you are one of those parents who are super insecure about walkers, the Exersaucer Moovin & Groovin is just the option for you. This model is made by Evenflo, the creators of the original ExerSaucer. The best thing about this product is its ability to provide essential activities that promote mental and physical development.
This activity center comes with over 10 age-appropriate toys and movements. They are all designed to enhance movement, fun, and a healthy learning process. The bounce, spin, and rock motions offer your little one lots of exercise to strengthen their tiny neck, back, and leg muscles.
Your baby is sure to enjoy the exersaucer’s sizable seat, and you’ll enjoy that it can be machine washed when needed. The height can be adjusted easily to one of three options at the push of a button. The removable seat also comes with a soft fabric cover that you’ll find relatively easy to clean.
The product measures 25 inches by 30 inches and weighs approximately 12 pounds. This certified frustration-free activity center does not need to be powered by any batteries, and some toys make manual sounds.
The Exersaucer Moovin & Groovin comes in a variety of colorful designs to engage your baby. Choose from farm animals, zoo friends, a tea party theme, polar animals and more.
- Exceeds the standards of the American Section of the International Association for Testing Materials.
- Promotes healthy imagination with its cow and barrel spinners
- Three height positions
- Comes with toys that enhance cause and effect learning
- Has a 360 seat that allows for interaction with the colorful animal theme
- Different designs available
- Has a mirror, but it is next to useless due to its small size
- Seat isn’t particularly comfortable; you may want to pad it out
The Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo is a popular product among many parents. Before buying it for your five-month-or-older baby, read through its primary features to make an informed decision.
Similar to a door bouncer, this stand-alone jumper lets your little one bounce to their heart’s content. The Jumperoo’s design is engaging and fun in the best possible way.
The product is somewhat bulky, wide, and it stands on its own, so make sure you have space for it in your living area. It does fold up, though, for storage or moving from room to room. As it weighs 16 pounds, you’ll need a little extra elbow grease to take it out of the box and put it together.
Don’t hate it because of its unnecessary weight, though; it’s a useful safety feature that you will appreciate later on. When your baby jumps, the Jumperoo’s metal springs stretch and contract. In the absence of the weighted base, the stretch and contraction would compromise your little one’s safety.
Its springs are covered in fabric to protect your baby’s fingers from painful pinches. It has undeniably bright and cheery colors that complement the primary light green hue.
The music, lights, sounds, and animals should keep your baby engaged non-stop. They can spin in the 360-degrees seat to find something new to capture their attention. As your baby grows, there are three height settings to keep them comfortable.
- Interactive toys are easily accessed by the push of a button to stimulate your baby’s touch, hearing, and sight senses
- Perfect for babies in the supported-sitter stage due to its adjustable three-height seat design
- Ideal for both bouncing and sitting
- Variety of toys available to keep your child engaged (spinning rattle, peek-a-boo tiger, rotating sunshine, etc.) and 360 seat
- When opened, its footprint is quite large and bulky
- Toys and activities may be overwhelming for younger babies
Was the last toy you bought your baby not good enough to keep them distracted? The Evenflo Stationary Jumper is the ideal replacement.
Here’s why: This jumper is one of many thoughtfully-designed Evenflo products. It promises to facilitate your baby’s needs and wants while making your life easier in the process. The all-in-one activity center establishes a fun learning environment through its variety of simulation toys.
As much as products like these are designed to enhance children’s development, they only work if they are comfortable in them. Any child will find this jumper abundantly comfortable. In fact, they can enjoy an adjustable 360-access to more than 45 fun physical and learning activities.
Speaking of physical activities, the Evenflo Stationary Jumper comes with smart electronic toys that entertain your baby with three-genre music sounds and fun lights. The product weighs up to 24 pounds and is made from 100 percent quality polyester. The extra jump feature allows your baby to exercise their legs while they are kept entertained.
- Features a safe bounce landing, thereby limiting accidents
- Seat pads are easy to wash and dry relatively fast
- Entertains and develops mental stimulation through 45 activities
- Enhances stability through its padded bounce base
- Three height positions
- Takes up a lot of space
- Batteries don’t last very long, so you’ll need to use lots to keep the interactive toys working
This product from Skip Hop can be described in two words: simply amazing. It features almost everything you would ever want in an exersaucer to grow with your baby.
This product is specifically designed by occupational therapists and pediatricians. It allows babies to balance, move, and throw a few jumps and bounces in between. Of course, this is done in a healthy way that benefits their tiny bodies.
Versatility is another key factor that defines this product. It features a play table, an activity seat, and other amazing features such as the see-through discovery window. This allows babies to see their feet and how they move over the light-up piano, which shows spatial awareness and cause and effect with the sounds.
It also comes with an innovative toy-attachment system clip that you can position at any point for your baby, depending on their abilities. In total there are 25 developmental activities and four toys, including a peek-a-boo owl that hoots, squeaky clouds, swaying trees and a bead chaser with spinner.
The included keyboard can be played with fingers or toes in three different modes: motion sensor, song, or piano mode. Also included is a suction snack bowl and a foot support platform that’s dishwasher safe. The rest of the Explore & More should be cleaned with a dry cloth.
- Innovative toy clip attachment system to place toys anywhere
- Converts to a sturdy table as your baby grows
- Unique discovery window promotes special awareness by allowing your baby to see their feet
- Features three useful stages of use: sit, bounce, and swivel
- The discovery window is not removable
- Keyboard is not properly tuned
- No springs for bouncing or jumping
This simple musical activity center can turn your little one into an artist. The Baby Einstein jumper introduces music to babies and makes it a multi-sensory adventure.
The first thing you’ll notice about this jumper is its aesthetic appeal. It comes in a primary color scheme that’s gender-neutral.
Your baby’s tiny hands can activate multiple languages, sounds, and lights just by tapping electronic bongo drums. Your baby can also play the guitar to produce attractive beads or spin the piano for unexpected sounds.
Your little one can monitor their own performance through the fun-looking tambourine mirror. It also has a multi-colored globe that introduces phrases in three languages (French, English,Spanish) and international music. Since this jumper is designed for growing babies, it comes with four adjustable height positions.
This musically-themed activity center is easy to move from place to place; it’s also easy to put together and takes 30 minutes at most. I would totally recommend traveling with this jumper when you have space in the trunk because it’s easy to fold and put back together.
- Features bright colors that babies and parents will find appealing
- 12 modules make it great to practice fine motor skills
- Plenty of toys and activities to keep your baby entertained
- Multiple languages and international music
- Easy setup
- Four height positions
- Toys are made of hard plastic and not very interactive
- Seat is particularly hard to swivel
- Can make a clanking noise when it’s rocked from side to side
The Evenflo Exersaucer is a must-have product if you want your baby to explore the world in an engaging and convenient way. It’s among the most innovative exersaucers that comes complete with various age-appropriate toys.
This product is so good that you may have to set a time limit for how long your baby can be in it. It comes with 11 removable toys, including a learning language pod. These can be set aside and played with outside of the saucer.
The toys, coupled with the fun music, assist your young one to achieve a ton of developmental milestones. Some of them include tactile development, object exploration, and fine motor skills. This product also comes with a cushioned, wipe-clean, slip-resistant mat to use for tummy time.
Like all other saucers on this list, the Evenflo Exersaucer is shipped when disassembled. As easy as it is to put together, putting on the green legs might be somewhat tricky. You may need an extra pair of hands to fold it flat easily.
This saucer collapses pretty well to allow for seamless storage and travel. It measures approximately 32 inches by 37 inches, meaning it can fit snugly in any bag or trunk. Once your little one starts to get too big for the exersaucer, even after the three height adjustments, you can turn it into an activity table for prolonged use.
- Washable seat pad
- 11 toys and 36 different sounds
- The toys have bright, beautiful, and interactive colors
- Four international languages
- Soft mat included for tummy time
- Three height settings
- Turns into an activity table and folds up for storage
- Toys are easily detachable and get lost fast
- Seat is not padded or comfortable
- It’s possible the paint could chip off pretty easily
You can get your little one started on this exersaucer from around six months, though many parents used it earlier. The Springin’ Safari Bounce-a-Bout is designed with a cluster of fun activities to keep your baby occupied. It has a round seat with a 360-degree rotation for your child for all-round play with the interactive toys.
The activity tray features whimsical characters that encourage your little one to grip, pop, spin, rattle, reach, and bend. The storage tray keeps your baby’s toys organized and is relatively easy to clean.
The Springin’ Bounce-a-Bout weighs approximately 17 pounds and measures roughly 30 inches across. Based on the manufacturer’s design, the maximum weight it can handle is 24 pounds. Anything more than that may damage the swiveling capability.
When your little one grows, you can adjust the activity center’s seat to three various height positions to ensure maximum comfort. Your baby is bound to make a few spillages here and there and mess up the jumper’s seat. That’s why it is fitted with a washable seat pad; to promote a fast and easy cleanup.
- Fitted with strong rubber bands at the base for a little bounce
- Not battery-powered, which means your baby enjoys extended playtime
- Easy to put together
- Sturdy and comfortable
- Easy to adapt to
- Rotating seat with adjustable height
- Made of cheap plastic material
- Taking apart is next to impossible
- Somewhat rough around the top of the seat
This activity center by Oribel is perfect for kids aged five months up to five years. It’s ideal for parents who are looking for a portable activity center. The patented folding legs make it easy to fold away for storage or to take away for the weekend.
The PortaPlay takes inspiration from enchanting forests and features colorful plants and woodland creatures. Oribel is a reputable brand that’s keen on creating a magical world with premium materials that your baby will truly appreciate.
When packaged, this activity center measures about 27 inches by 7 inches. It’s relatively lighter than it looks, with a weight of approximately 18 pounds. The maximum weight the seat can accommodate is 25 pounds, which is equivalent to that of a 12-month-old baby.
If your child is learning how to walk, this activity center is great for them. They can use it from the outside while standing or cruising.
A unique feature about PortaPlay is its ability to transform to a play table from an activity center with no hassle at all. It quickly adapts as your little one grows. With the included cover and plugs, you will have an activity table that your toddler can use for many years. The company even sells matching stools for the table, making it a perfect addition to their playroom.
This product is free of heavy metals, lead, phthalates, and BPA. It meets and exceeds ESTN and EN standards.
- Sturdy elastic lining on the seat that lets your baby enjoy hours of playing and jiggling
- Develops your child’s gross motor skills through the attached toys and rotating seat
- Sizeable enough for babies between five and 12 months as an exersaucer, but you can use it for many years as a table
- Offers safe learning and play environment
- Included plugs and cover make it possible to turn it into an activity table
- Extremely easy to fold and move from one place to the next
- No bounce or movement apart from rotation
- Difficult to attach suction toys on the table’s surface
I just had to go with the Baby Einstein Neptune’s Ocean Discovery Jumper as my top pick for the best baby exersaucer. It’s generously endowed with age-appropriate games (12), features removable and cleanable plates, a toy tray for organizing your baby’s toys, among other notable features such as the jumper.
Your baby is undoubtedly the most precious thing in the world. You want to make every waking moment a fun and playful adventure, and still be a learning experience. Maybe you could also get a thing or two done while they’re enjoying their playtime.
This is absolutely executable, with the help of the exersaucer. There are many more outside this list, but these are among the few worth checking out. At the end of the day, the decision is yours to make. Happy shopping!